Expensing Waste Items to Improve Inventory Control
Advanced Training Topic
Many operators struggle to maintain an accurate margin in their food service, fountain, and coffee departments, not realizing how important it is to correctly record items purchased for store use. This class teaches you how to categorize those purchases to improve profitability in those hard to monitor departments—without sacrificing inventory control.
In this class, learn how to:
- Calculate your true net profit.
- Use HHS to post waste and spoilage.
- Determine your true cost of goods sold (COGS) factoring in spoilage or waste.
- Track items for store use.
- Recognize why a health margin percentage may not necessarily translate into the expected profitability.