Technical Support Technician
SSCS is seeking a motivated, self-starting technical support technician to assist our robust customer base of petroleum retail customers. The technical support technician is an excellent opportunity to get established in a rapidly growing industry that is evolving in new and interesting ways. This position requires travel on a regular basis.
Key Responsibilities, Duties, and Functions
- Provide phone-based technical support to users of SSCS Technology, including assistance on both hardware and software issues.
- Assist and train the customer, as part of the phone support process, using desktop sharing software such as TeamViewer, including:
- Administering end-user problems, identifying the source of the problem, and determining possible solutions.
- Troubleshooting network systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions or other operational problems.
- Administer end-user workstation and support end user activity using TCP/IP on primary Windows-based LAN.
- Perform onsite installations and testing of SSCS Technology for new and upgrading customer store sites.
- Perform any special support-related projects as directed by the technical support manager.
Qualifications, Experience, and Education
- High school diploma, vocational training, an associate’s degree, or a certificate in a computer-related field.
- Help Desk experience.
- A+ Certificate.
- Exemplary customer service skills, including the ability to improvise under pressure while maintaining a customer-friendly, professional persona.
- Aptitude for problem solving on the behalf of others.
- Ability to travel to SSCS customer work sites throughout the U.S. as needed.
Preferred, but Not Required
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Onsite experience with convenience store operations, including inventory management and control.
We recognize employees as our most valuable assets. We offer competitive salaries, benefits packages and great career growth. You may qualify for:
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Medical benefits
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.