SSCS, a growing technology provider serving the dynamic retail petroleum market, is looking for a quality assurance specialist. This position will join our quality assurance team as it works with SSCS engineers to ensure our technology functions as designed and addresses the needs of the customer.
Key Responsibilities, Duties, and Functions
- Develop an understanding of the software product and how it is supposed to help end users do their jobs.
- Test software changes produced by the team to make sure the changes fulfill the stated acceptance criteria and fit into the overall design and structure of the product.
- Look for unexpected defects in the software for scenarios that might not have been considered in the acceptance criteria.
- Write up bugs for found issues with detailed descriptions of how to reproduce the problem, the experienced behavior, and what the expected behavior should be.
- Work with developers to help clarify or reproduce problems or possible alternate solutions.
- Work with customers and SSCS Technical Support staff to help analyze complaints and enhancement requests.
- Document testing plans and procedures.
- Help train SSCS Technical Support staff on new software features.
- Review end user documentation for accuracy.
- Inspect HTML/CSS/JS in the browser to help understand and test UI issues.
- Manually call HTTP REST/JSON based web services to help test new endpoints.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum software development life cycle.
- Use Jira/Confluence to track issues and document testing and troubleshooting procedures.
Qualifications, Experience, and Education
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
We recognize employees as our most valuable assets. We offer competitive salaries, benefits packages and great career growth. You may qualify for:
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Medical benefits
Should you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department at 831-755-1800.