We Manage Your Software so You Don’t Have to
An overwhelming majority of SSCS customers take advantage of SSCS’s Sunray cloud computing platform because it lets them spend more time managing their business and less time worrying about installing and maintaining their software, security protocols, communications networks, and the other technology they use to run their business.
Click Here to Tour the SSCS Data Center.
Administration is handled by SSCS technical staff, professionals who understand the ins and outs of SSCS technology better than any third party could. You don’t have to spend your valuable resources on in-house staff or selecting, purchasing, installing and maintaining equipment.
Access Your Information 24/7 — It’s Easy!
With the Sunray cloud computing platform, SSCS houses your software in a secure environment you can access anytime from any Internet-enabled computer. Using a standard Web browser, simply connect to the Internet with a high-speed connection. Once you are online, you can work with your programs, make updates to your data, monitor the status of your sites, view data polled from your POS system, and much, much more. Your user experience is practically the same as if you were running the programs off of your local computer.
With Sunray, you’ll never lose data because of a hard drive crash; everything is backed up for you daily making reconstruction of lost data effortless. Our secure infrastructure is impressive; read more about it here.
With Sunray you have access to a software and hardware solution similar to those employed by the large organizations competing for your customer’s patronage. SSCS consistently strives to improve and add new features to our applications to help our customers stay ahead of the curve and remain competitive.
SSCS can pre-configure and install Sunray services in multiple locations rapidly so you can take advantage of the latest technology immediately.
Pay as You Go…and Grow
After an initial start-up fee that includes training and on-site installation support, you pay a flat fee each month that covers server and data storage, software licensing, technical support, software upgrades, and system maintenance. You can start small with a few sites and bring on additional ones whenever it best makes business sense.
- Broadband Internet connections (except through a satellite)
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3, Windows 7 Professional. All 64-bit Operating System types of Windows are not supported. Home and Starter editions of Windows are not supported. Windows Vista is not recommended.
- Virtual machines are not supported.
- 2.0 GHz processor, Celeron not recommended
- 512 MB RAM or 2.0 GB RAM for Windows 7
- 40 GB hard drive
- CD drive
- NIC (dedicated to network-based POS communication)
- NIC (dedicated to broadband Internet communication)
- serial port for poller interface (for serial-based POS connections)
- USB-serial adapters not be supported as not all USB-serial adapters work with SSCS software
- XVGA monitor (a resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels with 256 colors)–higher than Normal size (96 DPI) settings require higher resolution
- laser printer which works with HP compatible PCL5 or later driver
- router configured with pcAnywhere port forwarding (preferred)
- pcAnywhere (12.5 or later)
- Router firewall is required (a NAT router for broadband users)
- Anti-virus protection
- At least 128 kilobit Internet connection with maximum of 250 millisecond latency
- Hardlock from SSCS
- Note: Internet service provider connections through AOL, NetZero, or satellite ISPs such as DIRECTV, HughesNet, or DISH Network are not supported.