While the SSCS Inventory solution includes software that allows you to perform store audits by scanning with an appoved Hand-Held Terminal (HHT), there are times you may wish to enlist an independent third-party scanning company to conduct store audits. The Web-based Third Party Physical Inventory Program, part of SSCS’s Hand-Held Data Processing (HDP) solution, allows you to do this, adding speed, convenience, and accuracy to scanning workflow.
The solution, which integrates with SSCS’s CDBWin back office system, allows third parties authorized by SSCS customers to exchange simple data file formats when counting inventory. There is no need to re-key or otherwise massage the data as it comes into CDBWin through the vendor’s HHT. Merging multiple scanning sessions into a single physical count is easy. Store audit reports are also included. No additional software needs to be installed; all the customer needs is a high-speed Internet connection.
Additional Third-Party Physical Inventory facts:
- An Internet-based application, Third Party Physical Inventory is accessed from the Applications page of the SSCS Portal.
- The program generates a current reference file that you provide to your third-party scanning company.
- After the third party completes scanning, it provides the SSCS customer a results file detailing the quantity of each scanned bar code
- This file can then be sent to Sunray where it appears as a physical inventory transaction in the HDP program.
- From there it can be posted to CDBWin to create a Physical Inventory adjustment transaction.
SSCS works with nationally known companies that perform store audits using either SSCS’s equipment or their ownequipment, adding efficiencies to inventory management:
|Verified Third Party Vendors|
|Hi-Tech Inventory Service|
|MSI Inventory Service|
|PITT Inventory Services, LLC|
|Rainier Inventory Service|
|Valley Inventory Services|